Saturday, December 30, 2006

525,600 minutes

I am sitting in front of my computer trying to evaluate the year that was. The year 2006. I have made major changes in my life. I've switched jobs, left home and worked abroad (isa na akong buhay na bayani), experienced new things, learned how to navigate in a new jungle, learned how to drive, owned a car, fell in and out of love, gained new friends and met acquaintances.

One year is equivalent to 525,600 minutes. What have I done to those minutes?

I would like to measure the year 2006 in love! Being away from home made me realize how lucky am I to have my family who loves me. How lucky I am to have Tes, Dina, Elay, Arlene, Pops, Jeff, Margaret, Mariz, Marivic, Jocon, Lilibeth, CA, Mel, CY, Rosel, Lorna, Raffy, Lorie (i hope i didn't miss anyone. he!he!) who have been my friends for years. Lynvi, Beng, Josette, Mona, Jojo, Joyce. I could go on and on. I have a lot of loyal and trusted friends. How lucky I was to have worked in BPI. A really world class bank, where professionalism and integrity mark every transaction.

But I was lucky too, to have come to Saipan. It made me compare what I had before and what I have now. The experiences (both good and bad) I had here would surely enrich me as a person.

I am posting my favorite song from the musical Rent. How do we really measure a year?

Let's measure it in LOVE!

Seasons of Love

525,600 minutes
525,000 moments so dear
525,600 minutes
how do you measure
measure a year?


In daylights, in sunsets,
In midnights, in cups of coffee.

In inches, in miles, in laughter, in strife

In 525,600 minutes - how do you measure a year in the life?

How about love? How about love? How about love? Measure in love.

Seasons of love.

525,600 minutes
525,000 journeys to plan.
525,600 minustes - how can you measure the life of a woman or man?

In truths that she learned
or in times that he cried?
In bridges he burned or
the way that she died?

It's time now to sing out, though the story never ends
Let's celebrate remember a year in the life of friends.

Remember the love! Remember the love! Remember the love!
Measure in love.

Seasons of love!
Seasons of love.

No comments: